International Child Custody

Handling International Child Custody Disputes With Skill And Sensitivity

Any family custody dispute can be emotionally taxing. When these disputes cross international boundaries, the stakes are even higher. My name is Alan Robert Burton, Attorney at Law. I have helped mothers and fathers in visitation and time-sharing matters for more than 35 years. I am able to represent your interests in all types of child custody disputes, including international child custody disputes.

With offices in Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale, I represent clients across Palm Beach County, South Florida and beyond. Contact me to discuss your situation during a free consultation.

International Child Custody Disputes Lawyer

When divorcing parents live in different countries or want to live in different countries, the parties must address many issues. These issues include determining the appropriate jurisdiction where the case should be heard and preparing a parenting arrangement that works in the best interests of the children, while protecting the rights of each parent. I will take the appropriate steps to prepare a strategy that will protect your rights and your children's rights.

Child Abduction Cases Involving the Hague Convention

If your child has been unlawfully removed from the United States to another country by the other parent, you need a lawyer to act quickly and decisively on your behalf. Depending on what country your child has been taken to, international treaties and the Hague Convention will govern the dispute. If a Petition for the Return of Your Child is required under the Hague Convention, I will prepare all of the necessary documentation.

In addition, I will coordinate all activities with the State Department and lawyers in the country where your child is located in order to facilitate your child's return.

Contact Alan Robert Burton, Attorney at Law

If you are a party to an international or interstate child custody dispute, or if your child has been abducted, call or email my office to schedule your free initial consultation. Call 954-229-1660 or my cell at 954-295-9222.