In most cases, a divorce is not "final," even after the terms of the divorce agreement have been finalized. There are many events in a person's life that can require changing or modifying the terms of the divorce agreement.

If you need to modify the terms of your child support, alimony or time-sharing arrangements, contact Alan Robert Burton, Attorney at Law. If you oppose a proposed support modification or other change to your divorce agreement, I can also represent you. I maintain offices in Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale, and serve clients throughout South Florida.

An Experienced Boca Raton Divorce Modification Lawyer for All Issues

In order to be successful in pursuing a child custody modification or alimony adjustment, you must show that there has been a "substantial change in circumstances." A substantial change in circumstances could entail many things, such as a job loss, a promotion, or a serious health problem that prevents you or your ex-spouse from working.

If you want to modify child custody and time-sharing arrangements, you need to establish that the modification is in the best interests of your children. Relocation issues involve the modification of a divorce agreement. These issues are usually highly contested. If you want to relocate with your children, you must take a number of steps in order to obtain permission from the court. If you oppose relocation, you have rights as well. In either event, I am able to represent your interests. I have more than 35 years of legal experience and have represented parents on both sides of this issue.

Contact a Knowledgeable Palm Beach County Child and Spousal Support Attorney

If you need to modify the terms of your divorce agreement, call or email my office to schedule your free initial consultation. Call 954-229-1660 or my cell at 954-295-9222. I maintain flexible office hours to discuss your family law issues.